"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bedrest

Yup, I avoided bedrest all throughout my pregnancy, but haven't been able to avoid it now. Monday my midwife put me on bedrest for increased bleeding so here I am! Lying around in bed all day isn't all it's cracked up to be....

So today I'm doing much better and hoping I can come off bedrest soon. I think the thing I hate the most about it is not being able to get up to soothe the twins when they cry or put them to bed or change their diapers or take them downstairs to go in their swings or spend a few minutes with them outside. The longer I'm in bed the more excited I get every time Mom or Mark brings one to me. They are the cutest little babies and I just love them to death! Here are a few pictures I snapped today.


























Time with my sweet Little Man. This is the intent look he gets when he knows he's about to get fed! 


























All smiles! Just a couple days ago I was sitting in bed talking to Aksil and he gave me this big ol' grin. I was so excited!! Such a special moment that first time he smiled at me - don't think I'll ever forget it. Now he smiles more every day! Most often in the mornings when he's slept all night and is in a good mood :)


























Avery is SUCH drama! Oh my gosh, she cracks us up with the millions of faces she makes. She is always wide-eyed and looking around at what is going on. That girl doesn't miss a thing!


























She also smiles some but not quite to the extent that Aksil does. Although she often smiles in her sleep!


























A little snuggle time with my sweet girl.


























Look at how much bigger Aksil is than Avery! As far as weight gain, Avery is right there on target....Aksil on the other hand is way off the charts! That little guy is a chunk! Avery weighs 9lbs 4oz and Aksil weighs 12lbs 9oz! Oh and I like how in these pictures they just happen to both be missing their left sock :)

Mom is still here helping us out - have NO clue what we would do without her! She cooks meals, brings me food, organizes the house, makes sure I take my pills, picks up/cleans, runs errands, gets up in the middle of the night, and answers my millions of "well why are they...." questions. I appreciate and love her 100x more now that I have kids. She is leaving on Saturday and we will miss her for sure! The twins just LOVE their Nana and she's always been around so I know they will miss her a lot. Mark is on paternity leave through the 2nd which is so nice and Aunt Faith is coming to visit and help out March 1st-7th so we are super excited about that! Then the 8th-18th we are going it alone....hopefully the kids will be more adjusted by then and not so mixed up on their schedules. Mark starts his intense Paramedic training March 14th so he has to get good sleep and not be up with cranky babies! And then we are hoping on the 19th or 20th that Grandmommy (Mark's mom) can come for a couple weeks! Yes, I know, we are super spoiled with such awesome family to help us out :)

I'm not even close to where I thought I'd be at 6 weeks postpartum with myself or with the twins. But we've had a rough six weeks starting with the NICU stay for five days, Mark back and forth from NM, going through those first super rough weeks without him, multiple drs appointments and errands in preparation to move, packing up and driving 12hrs to Albuquerque, unloading, getting settled in, being a family and together again as a couple for the first time in 8 months, and now my complications postpartum *sigh* That's just a LOT! So I need to give myself some slack and put aside all my wishes of being a super, on top of it twin mama from the get go. We'll make progress soon enough :)

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us! We love and miss all of our Fort Worth family and friends!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Girl, you are doing AMAZING!!! Yes, cut yourself some slack and enjoy being able to rest a little more. Just think, this may be the last time you have an excuse to stay in bed for a long time! These twins will keep ya running! :-)

Haha... Ok it is too funny that they're both missing their left socks! Super cute!! And I can't believe how BIG Aksil is! Abigail weighs 12.10 and she's 13 weeks!!! Haha! His smile is too cute too! That is very special when they start smiling for real! Looks like Avery is close behind in her sweet, sleepy smiles!

I'm so glad y'all will continue to have so much help from family! Hopefully you will be off bedrest soon so you can enjoy taking the babies out for a stroll in the neighborhood!