"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yet another day to serve Him...

I can't exactly explain it, but lately Jesus has been doing such a work in my heart. My simple pleas and cries to Him have been answered in such an amazing way. I'm not even quite sure where to begin on what He has taught me, where He has pulled my heart, what new desires He has placed inside of me. Starting out this year my main goal was to be more like Christ. Satan has tried his best to defeat me, throwing obstacles in my way, presenting thoughts of failure, bringing up old hurts. But the more I take those before my King the less of a grip they have on me, and the more I can become like Him.

This year so far I have read some fabulous books:

Death by Love: Letters from the Cross by Mark Discoll & Gerry Breshears
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn
Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes
and I'm currently in the middle of Last Chance in Texas: The Redemption of Criminal Youth by John Hubner

All four of these books have made a profound impact on me. God has used each of them in a different way. I'm so excited about how He is changing my heart and my desires! He has used these books as well as His Word to open my eyes to a hurting world and a need for the Love of God. Lord may I never turn away from the pain I see all around me, but seek to shine Your light in a dark, dark world...

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8


A photo of Mark and me in Vail this January. Here is the man who daily encourages me to follow Jesus. He is my rock and I still can't believe I'm the girl that got to marry him....love him more and more each day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your new post girl! That's really neat to see how God has been and is working in your life. I'm working through The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges. It is EXCELLENT!!! If you haven't read it yet, it's a must read. He has really helped me to see that in dealing with sin in my life it's not about victory (that only comes in heaven) but about obedience to our Father. Christ has defeated sin so that we can now choose to walk in obedience.

Anyway... I'm glad you are doing well. I saw that you made it over to Jenny's new blog. Isn't is adorable? haha... I love that all my friends are blogging now. Yay!!!

Well, I'll be talking to you soon! Love you SOOOO much, my Matron of Honor!