"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Saturday, November 7, 2009

We've Moved!!

Ok, March. Yup. I'm pretty much the worst blogger :) But Michelle, you have me motivated so this is for you girl! Since you can't live in Texas then I'd better learn to blog!

So many things have happened in the last few months. And I'm thrilled with all that God is doing!

On October 31st we moved out of our first home, which was definitely bittersweet! There is just nothing like that first home. So many memories and our first place as a couple....I absolutely LOVED that first house. But moving to something a little bigger and opening a new chapter is always fun. I love change so it has been wonderful!


First day of packing! Lots of boxes and tape!


One of my stacks of boxes



Our new home is a foreclosure so it was great that we got such a good deal, but we have lots to do. We are excited to learn and to make it just how we want though! Mom Driggers came and helped me clean the house the Tuesday before the move. We worked several hours and got the main areas ready. Lots more left to clean though for sure!


Trying not to breath in the really strong cleaner I was using to scrub the bathtub! Lets see, so far I've used up 1 1/2 bottles of Windex, 1/2 bottle of toilet bowl cleaner, 2 bottles of 409, 1 bottle of scrubbing bubbles, and 1 bottle of some natural green cleaner I had.

So I thought I'd post some pictures of our first house just because I love it so much and I want to remember it. Here you go! The tour of our first home together :)

This is before we fixed it up. Mark worked on it so hard in the four months we were engaged! And David (Leah's husband) did an amazing job on the tile! But this are the before pix.


Living room


Kitchen


Master bedroom


Master bathroom


Guest bathroom-nice toilet seat huh? haha

We moved into our first home in August of 2007 right after we got married. Here are some pictures of the house right before we moved out in October of 2009.




Middle bedroom-as you can tell I wasn't gifted in the way of decorating! haha


Front bedroom-At least I got a few things on the walls in this room. Those are Mark's plaques he earned in the fire training academy. He was first in his whole class for academics and physical fitness! Yup, he's awesome. Love him.


Guest bathroom-Mark painted the cabinets and put new countertops and fixtures in both bathrooms!



Master bathroom-yes, the blue is overwhelming! Let's just say it was a little different color than what we thought!






Our master bedroom-I love this green with the dark wood. I think we are going to go blue in our new bedroom though. Time for a change!



Master closet-Container Store I love you.



Entry way and hallway to the living room/kitchen.






The kitchen-I really liked the open plan of the kitchen and living room.






Living room-Lola cracks me up! :)

I had a lot of good quiet times on this back porch. We had that little barn constructed and Mark painted it. I think it's super cute!

Back of the house. Loved the huge backyard!


The front of our first home. I'm gonna miss this place even though I love our new one so much!

Well, I guess I've blogged enough for today for sure :) Maybe next post I can put up pictures of our new house and of moving day. Right now I need to go do some cleaning!

No comments: