"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thank You Aunt Faith!!

The first week in March Aunt Faith came for a visit! Well, more than just a visit....she came to help out this poor tired mama :) She paid for her flight here and stayed a whole week! Yeah, is she awesome or what? She helped cook and keep the house picked up, watched the kids so we could have a couple date nights and she took on night shift with the babies - talk about a HUGE help!


Welcome to Albuquerque, Faith!

When I was by myself (and Mark had to sleep to be coherent for class) I would just feed the babies when they woke up. Not even thinking that they may not be waking up because they were hungry but just because of gas. I was too tired and out of it to put that one together. They would go about 4 1/2 hours at night before waking up so I wasn't getting much sleep at all. When Faith was here I would put the baby monitor in her room after the late night feeding (12ish then) and go crawl in bed. She would hold them off til 6am and I got a fabulous, uninterrupted SIX HOURS of sleep! Oh my gosh, it felt amazing. I think that was our first big step in getting the twins to sleep through the night.



























Gifts from Aunt Faith! The twins loved their little tummy time mats that she brought :)


The week Faith was here was the first time I got out and RAN! Yeah, can you tell by the look on my face that I'm super pumped!! haha Ok, so I only ran about 15min and I was really winded (post twins AND high altitude!) but it felt so amazing. I have missed running, swimming, biking, crossfit....all the workout stuff I used to do....missed it so badly! (and yes, I've gotten multiple questions about taking the twins in a jogging stroller. I've changed several things since this photo was taken, but yes! Can be perfectly safe and ok if you do it right)



On Saturday Mark and I took the twins on a walk. We tried the lying down position and it didn't work out so well! 





Our little family of four going on a walk! We've had super nice weather lately....sunny and in the 70s. It does get really windy some days so I don't take the kids out then....too much dust flying around.



"Dad! Mom! What's wrong with you! We hate this! Brother's feet are in my face! Sister is taking up too much room!"




Off we go!


By the time we got back they were snoozing away, but we haven't done the lying down thing again! Just doesn't work well - or look comfortable....


Uh oh, someone a little cranky!


Aksil doesn't look too bothered by Avery's whining...he's just enjoying his new play mat!

So not only would Faith help the kids sleep at night, she would play with them in the mornings so I could get sleep. She even made me breakfast a few mornings! We had such an awesome time having her here...great memories talking, laughing, watching movies in the evening, playing with the kids :) And Mark watched the twins one night for us so we could do some shopping at the mall - so fun to get out and SHOP! yay!

Thank you Aunt Faith for coming and helping! We sure do love you!

3 comments:

Tori said...

I'm SUPER impressed at how you're keeping up with your blog, friend. I couldn't even keep up with mine with my little solo girl! Your sweet babies are so beautiful, and I'm so thankful to God for placing such sweet family around you guys to bless you with such amazing help during all these transitions. I love seeing the ways He provides and meets ALL of our needs (even for shopping!) :)

Jessica said...

aw thanks girl! I know how much I will love looking back on it so that motivates me some.... :) And yes, SO grateful for family! Not sure what I'd do without them

Michelle said...

Love that Faith could come help you out! I can really tell in this post how the twins are growing and changing! Yay! Their little tummy mats look so fun and the babies seem to enjoy them!

So glad that the twins are sleeping well at night for you! Encourages me that there is hope! :-)